Don't like to read?
Ten children under the age of 18 were among the shooting victims this past weekend in Chicago. Overall, 58 people were shot in the hours between Friday at 5:00 p.m. to Sunday at 10:00 p.m. CT. Six of the victims died from their wounds — one was a 12-year-old boy, according to CBS Chicago on Sept. 12, 2021.
The 12-year-old was found by a witness on Saturday morning around 10:30. Kaden Ingram had been shot twice by his mom; the fatal bullet struck him in the head, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. Kaden’s mom, 37-year-old Fallon Harris, was arraigned on Sunday morning and held without bail for the murder of her preteen son. Prosecutors said the interaction between the two was caught by the home’s video system.
On Saturday night, in West Pullman, a 15-year-old girl and five others were injured in a mass shooting, including Timothy Eiland, 32, an off-duty firefighter; one woman died. The shooting occurred while they were celebrating a family member’s birthday.
His sister, Elishama Wright, witnessed him being shot in the face. He was on the ground, and as the blood gushed out of his face, she said.
Her daughter, the teenager, realized after she watched a woman at the party die that she was shot in the arm. “I saw blood all over her and she said she had been shot and she fainted, collapsed in my arms,” Wright explained.
Teenaged Shooting Victims Since Friday Evening
- On Friday, at 10:31 p.m., two boys — 13 and 12 — were hanging out on the front porch when a silver SUV pulled up and began shooting. The older boy was wounded in his right leg, and the other was shot in his left leg. They were transported to Stonger Hospital and were reported to be in good condition.
- Early Saturday morning, a 16-year-old was also shot in the leg in an unrelated shooting. At 12:54 a.m., he was walking when he heard shots and felt pain. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- Less than half an hour later, another 16-year-old boy was shot in the back. Someone dropped him off at Mount Sinai Hospital at 1:21 a.m. He is in critical condition.
- On Saturday afternoon, another boy, 17, was inside a home in Princeton Park when someone reportedly walked up and shot him in the foot. He was treated at Roseland Community Hospital.
- After an argument erupted between a 17-year-old boy and an unnamed person across the street, the other person started shooting, wounding the boy’s hand, and grazing a woman, 35, in the back and shoulder. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- On Sunday, at 1:45 p.m., a boy was riding his bike when a white Jeep Wrangler drove by. The 16-year-old dropped his bicycle and started to run when he heard shots. He was shot in the lower left leg, which he was treated for at Holy Cross Hospital.
- At 4:47 p.m. Sunday, a boy in Humboldt Park was shot in the ankle. The 16-year-old was treated at Stronger Hospital of Cook County.
Written by Cathy Milne-Ware
CBS 2 Chicago: 6 Killed, 52 Wounded In Chicago Weekend Gun Violence
CBS 2 Chicago: Prosecutors: Fallon Harris, 37, Shot And Killed Son Kaden Ingram, 12, Over Missing SD Memory Card
CBS 2 Chicago: 1 Killed, 5 Wounded In West Pullman Mass Shooting; 15-Year-Old Girl, Off-Duty Firefighter Among Injured Victims
Featured and Top Image Courtesy of Liam Davies’ Flickr Page – Creative Commons License