Don't like to read?
The restaurant Alinea, a 3 Star Michelin restaurant has been included in the list of highest-grossing restaurants in America. Furthermore, this is the first restaurant from Lincoln park to appear on the list. Reservations are able to be made on their website.
Alinea is considered one of the best restaurants in the world. Not to mention their Ebi banana, coconut scallop, corn butter, black truffle, gruyere, pumpernickel, etc. Additionally, their three dining rooms make them very popular. In conclusion, those three rooms are called, The Kitchen Table. The Gallery menu, and the Salon menu. Each one of these dining rooms is unique and has a different experience to it.
Alinea has the recognition of:
- Best Restaurant in the World by Elite Traveler.
- Best restaurant in North America by “The World’s 50 Best Restaurants.”
- Best restaurant in the U.S. by Gourmet and Business Insider.
- One of 14 restaurants in the U.S. to have a 3 Michelin star rating.
- Won the James Beard Awards for:
- Outstanding Restaurant in the U.S.
- Outstanding service in the U.S.
- outstanding Chef in the U.S.
Alinea’s head chef, Grant Achatz, is one of the best. He is an American chef, recognized all across the U.S. He has 45 awards, which he has earned all throughout his culinary career. Additionally, he attended The Culinary Institute of America. Thanks to him, Alinea has become one of the best if not the best restaurants in the U.S. Many hope that the star keeps its 3 Michelin stars, as even obtaining one is hard.
This restaurant has 4.5 stars on yelp. With people saying something along the lines of “Service was spectacular,” “The vibes are great, it was cool,” and “This is not only just a foodie thing but an actual experience.” All the positive reviews definitely match up with their ranking. May Alinea maintain its ratings and rank. Although, many are positive there is nothing to worry about. Alinea is on top and will stay on top.
Alinea as well as 18 other restaurants have made it on the list. First, when in Chicago, check these out (This list includes, the restaurant name, how much it makes a year, and its number on the National Ranking):
- Maple & Ash. (making $30.3 million).
- Alinea (making $27.1 million).
- Gibsons Italia (making $22.3 million).
- Joe’s Seafood Chicago (making $22.3 million).
- Gibsons (Oak Brook) [making $20.8 million].
- Gibsons (Gold Coast) [making $20.5 million].
- RPM Steak (making $20.2 million).
- Shaw’s Crab House ($17.4 million).
- Chicago Cut Steakhouse ($17.2 million).
- Swift & Sons ($17.2 million).
- Gibsons (Rosemont) [$16.1 million].
- Tavern on Rush ($15.4 million).
- Harry Caray’s (River North) [$15.2 million].
- Bob Chinn’s Crab House, Wheeling ($14.9 million).
- Prime & Provisions ($13.9 million).
- Bar Siena ($13.6 million).
- Girl & the Goat ($12.5 million).
- Hugos Frog Bar & Fish House ($11.7 million).
- Siena Tavern ($11.5 million).
New Restaurant in Chicago
There is a new restaurant that has opened its doors here in Chicago. It’s called Shoo Loong Kan and is located in China Town. They said that they have Kobe Cuts and A5 Wagyu.
Shoo Loong Kan is a hotpot restaurant. Furthermore, this restaurant is a Chinese Style restaurant. More specifically a hot pot. In addition, a hot pot consists of a boiling broth with all kinds of spices, and around it, there is thinly sliced meat, vegetables, dumplings, noodles, and seafood. In addition, it’s a great restaurant if someone needs something warm and traditional in Chinese Culture.
If the hot pot is something people like, there is another restaurant, Happy Lamb Hot Pot. It is not new and has been in Chinatown for some while. However, it’s really good and cheap. It also serves raw meat and seafood. As well as cooked dishes Some of those dishes include fried buns, fried dumplings, red bean buns, white rice, etc.
Many reviews have said that they love this restaurant because of the complimentary food. This restaurant has unlimited oranges and egg rolls for people to serve themselves — free of charge. Many also like their two versions of the menu. There is a menu where you pay for items individually or an all-you-can-eat menu.
Written by Adriana Castelan
Eater Chicago: Alinea Is Among 19 Chicago Restaurants Hailed as the Highest-Grossing in America
Alinea: Alinea Restaurant
Eater Chicago: Inside Chinatown’s Beautiful New Sichuan-Style Hot Pot Restaurant
Top and Featured Image Courtesy of Kimberly Vardeman Flickr Page- Creative Commons License
Inset Image Courtesy of stu_spivack Flickr Page- Creative Commons License