Don't like to read?
Consumers encounter digital advertisements when they are busy and they interact with print media at their leisure. Magazines are used to slowly flip through in waiting rooms to pass the time. Newspapers are leisurely read from front to back on a dreary Sunday morning while each splash of color ignites the brain.
Print media is still very much alive in 2022. It is a tangible piece of advertising that can be moved so it will be seen as frequently as desired. Advertisers have been using print media longer and it does not require a special device, internet or phone data to be viewed, therefore, it is accessible to all viewers at all times. This means the print is still the most relevant form of advertising in 2022.
Advertising needs to reach as many people in the target region as possible. It is also portable so it can be easily shared. An insert in the newspaper is convenient, easy to carry, and shared with several others.
Statistics For Print Media:
- 70 percent of households that earn <$1,00,000 annually read newspapers
- 95 percent of people under 25 read magazines
- 82 percent of consumers trust print advertising when making purchasing decisions
- Print readers spend at least 20 minutes with a publication in their hands
- It takes less than 21 percent cognitive effort for a reader to process a print advertisement
- 80 percent of consumers act on print media
- 45 percent of consumers act on digital media
- Print advertising has a higher recall factor than ads found on the internet
- Advertising in print form has a 20 percent higher motivation response. Which is increased if it uses more senses than simply touch
- 92 percent of 18 to 23-year-olds prefer printed publications over digital designs
- The response rate for direct mailers is 37 percent higher than that for email advertising
- Print advertising has a higher recall rate than digital content
- 81 percent of newspaper readers also read the print version, 51 percent read print exclusively
- 58 percent of those 18 to 35 years old and over 60 percent of those over 35 read a newspaper
- The number of people paying attention to advertisements in print has doubled since 2009
- The emotional reaction to print media has increased by 67 percent in the last 10 years
Making the choice to advertise in print as part of a strong marketing campaign is a wise decision for all the reasons listed above. It is apparent that print media remains relevant in 2022.
Written by Jeanette Vietti
Finances Online: 26 Relevant Print Marketing Statistics: 2021 Ad Spending & Impact
Geeks for Geeks: Difference Between Print Media and Electronic Media
Group Discussion Ideas: Print vs. Digital Media
O2Creative: Digital vs. Print Media
Featured Image Courtesy of Judy van der Velden’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Inline Image Courtesy of Chris Bloom’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License