Don't like to read?
Staying healthy is extremely hard. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. This article will lay out a few tasty smoothie recipes that get your mouth watering.
This recipe calls for these ingredients:
- One 5.3 ounce carton of plain Greek Yogurt
- One small banana which is peeled, sliced and frozen
- A half a cup of ice
- A half a cup of cold unsweetened coconut milk
- One tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- One tablespoon of honey
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla
- One tablespoon of unsweetened flaked coconut that has been toasted
- One tablespoon of finely chopped dark chocolate
After all the ingredients have been gathered one will need to place the first seven ingredients into a blender — stopping after adding the vanilla. Next, cover the blender and blend until smooth.
Afterward, pour the smoothie into a couple of tall glasses. Top this tasty treat with the toasted coconut and dark chocolate.
Raspberry-Peach Swirled Smoothie
The following ingredients are needed for this tasty treat.
- A half a cup of thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries
- One-third cup of orange juice
- Two 5.3 cartons of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- One and a half cups of frozen peach slices
- One ripped banana that has been cut into two-inch chunks and frozen for at least two hours
- One tablespoon of honey
- One-fourth teaspoon of ginger
- Optional fresh raspberries
After the ingredients have been gathered — combine the thawed raspberries and orange into a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Then split the mixture into a couple of glasses.
Next, wash out the blender. Once this has been done combine the yogurt, peaches, banana, ginger, and honey. Cover and blend until the ingredients are smooth. Pour the mixture over the raspberry mix.
If one is wanting that swirled look this can be done with a smooth. Then if so desired place fresh raspberries on top. Serve the smoothie immediately.
The following ingredients will be needed for this tasty drink:
- One cup of ice
- Half a cup of light coconut milk
- One-third cup of chopped celery
- One-third cup of peeled pear
- One-fourth of a medium-size ripe avocado that has been seeded and peeled
- Two tablespoons of honey
- One-fourth teaspoon lime zest
- One tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh mint and/or a slice of lime
After all the ingredients have been gathered combine ice, coconut milk, pear, avocado, coconut milk, lime juice, honey, and lime zest. Next, the blender will need to be covered and then blend the ingredients for roughly one minute. Or until the mixture is smooth.
Afterward, pour the smoothie into a glass and garnish with the lime slice or mint.
Carrot Cake Smoothie
For this treat the following ingredients will be needed:
- One-fourth cup peeled and finely grated carrot. This equals out to roughly two small carrots
- One-fourth cup canned chickpeas that have been drained and rinsed
- One frozen banana that has been broken into chunks
- One cup of unsweetened hemp plant-based beverage
- One tablespoon of Neufchâtel cheese
- Half a tablespoon of flax seeds
- One-eighth teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One-eighth teaspoon ground ginger
- A one-sixteenth teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- One-eighth teaspoon of vanilla extract
After all the ingredients have been gathered place them into a blender. Then cover the blender and blend on low. Then turn the blender on high for roughly one to two minutes — or until smooth. Afterward, pour the smoothie mixture into a glass and enjoy.
These are just a few tasty smoothies to boost one’s immune system.
Written by Sheena Robertson
Eat This: 27 Best Immune-Boosting Smoothie Recipes; by Carla Christian, CARLENE THOMAS, RDN, and other staff members
Featured Image Courtesy of liz west’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Inline Image Courtesy of cyclonebill’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License